Good skin care is essential if you want to optimise your looks. Here are some useful tips on looking after your skin
1. Always use sun lotion - we only need to expose our skin to 15 mins per day to make enough vitamin D after which we are in danger of skin damage. UVA &UVB rays damage the skin causing premature aging and damage to the skins dna which can cause cancer. It’s recomended to use a factor 30+ on the face, neck and upper chest.
2. Stop Smoking & Drinking Alcohol - Smoking constricts blood vessels thus slowing down the passage of nutrient and oxygen rich blood to feed the skin. It also breaks down collagen amoungst the various other life threatening problems associated with smoking. Alcohol not only causes dehydration but it also expands blood vessels causing redness and enlarged pores.
3. Drink Water - it is recommended to drink 8 glasses of water per day as I minimum. With the human body being 60% water it is essential to keep well hydrated to keep the body functioning properly.
4. Wash Once Per Day - whilst its important to remove nasty bacteria from the skin too much cleansing will remove the protective layer of oils so once maximum twice per day is enough.
5. Use Soap Subsitutes - soaps can be very drying to the skin and dry skin causes the blood vessels to constrict thus compounding the problem. There are many alternative lotions and bars to use which are much kinder to the skin.
6. Use Natural Moisturisers - many over the counter skin creams contain chemicals which can causes irritation and unpleasant reactions to the skin so try using organic, naturally made products or things such as coconut oils and aloe Vera.
7. Keep Your Skin Looking Younger - if aging skin is of concern I recommend the use of a vitamin c cream of 20%+ every other night alternating with a retinol cream starting at 0.25 and working up to 1%. Apply these from the forehead to the throat and even the chest area.
8. Pamper Yourself - it’s the end of summer and you might have spent a lot of your time chasing around the kids or grandchildren so with winter around the corner it’s time to think about cosy nights in. Why not book yourself a girlie night in and have an evening of pampering? We’ve many different packages available for a wonderful home spa experience. Indulge in a heavenly facial, relaxing massage or the ultimate luxury pedicure to name just a few of our pamper party treats.
Organise kids pamper party
"Fiona and her team did my hair and make up for my hen night and also the rest of my party. I was so impressed that i asked them to come back again to do hair and make up on my wedding day. I cannot recommend them highly enough. All of my friends and family were suitably satisfied and looked stunning. Very relaxed and i especailly loved my pamper party for my hen night. All the girls were lovely and very professional. Thanks again!"
"We had Fiona and her team come for a pamper afternoon at a private house we rented for the weekend. All of us really enjoyed the treatments we received, the standard of service, quality of products and professionalism was exactly what we'd hoped for. Thank you especially to Fiona who was not only a great treatment therapist but also just a lovely person to have around for the day! Thanks again, it was fab."