Good skin care is essential if you want to optimise your looks. Here are some useful tips on looking after your skin
1. Always use sun lotion - we only need to expose our skin to 15 mins per day to make enough vitamin D after which we are in danger of skin damage. UVA &UVB rays damage the skin causing premature aging and damage to the skins dna which can cause cancer. It’s recomended to use a factor 30+ on the face, neck and upper chest.
2. Stop Smoking & Drinking Alcohol - Smoking constricts blood vessels thus slowing down the passage of nutrient and oxygen rich blood to feed the skin. It also breaks down collagen amoungst the various other life threatening problems associated with smoking. Alcohol not only causes dehydration but it also expands blood vessels causing redness and enlarged pores.
3. Drink Water - it is recommended to drink 8 glasses of water per day as I minimum. With the human body being 60% water it is essential to keep well hydrated to keep the body functioning properly.
4. Wash Once Per Day - whilst its important to remove nasty bacteria from the skin too much cleansing will remove the protective layer of oils so once maximum twice per day is enough.
5. Use Soap Subsitutes - soaps can be very drying to the skin and dry skin causes the blood vessels to constrict thus compounding the problem. There are many alternative lotions and bars to use which are much kinder to the skin.
6. Use Natural Moisturisers - many over the counter skin creams contain chemicals which can causes irritation and unpleasant reactions to the skin so try using organic, naturally made products or things such as coconut oils and aloe Vera.
7. Keep Your Skin Looking Younger - if aging skin is of concern I recommend the use of a vitamin c cream of 20%+ every other night alternating with a retinol cream starting at 0.25 and working up to 1%. Apply these from the forehead to the throat and even the chest area.
8. Pamper Yourself - it’s the end of summer and you might have spent a lot of your time chasing around the kids or grandchildren so with winter around the corner it’s time to think about cosy nights in. Why not book yourself a girlie night in and have an evening of pampering? We’ve many different packages available for a wonderful home spa experience. Indulge in a heavenly facial, relaxing massage or the ultimate luxury pedicure to name just a few of our pamper party treats.
Organise kids pamper party
Fiona came to our house and did some treatments for my daughters 11th birthday for her and her friends. The girls loved it, Fiona was so patient, enthusiastic and proffessional. What a fab jobshe did on the girls and they had such a brilliant time, best party ever! Thanks Fiona, highly recommend!
"I used Fiona for a pamper party, I wanted a good night in with the girls as I am 7 months pregnant! It was really fun, Fiona is great and made the night really exciting. I would recommend a hand massage and facial!"